You know that time when life is going normally and everything seems good and calm and then all of a sudden something entirely out of the ordinary happens and time just flies by?
That’s just the Han way of saying that I was super busy since February started and I would personally like to apologize for not posting in a while.
What I’ve learned while I was gone
- Working is stressful and my parents are amazing for being able to handle so many hours and juggle life as well
- I WANT TO DEVOUR ALL THE SLEEP. It probably still won’t be enough, but I legit almost fall asleep all the time and I’m constantly yawning
- I am proud to announce that I can write a three page paper in an hour (right before the class starts, as a matter of fact)
- That it’s okay to make mistakes and feel awkward and out of place sometimes because I’m growing up and experiencing new things
- ADULTING IS SO HARD!! DOES THIS EVEN COUNT AS ADULTING!?! IT CERTAINTLY FEELS LIKE IT!
- Since when is all this homework legal?
- Failure is the first step to success. Why do I say this? Because I struggled so hard with my Physics class last semester and I nearly failed the first test. I took the first test of this semester and I got a high grade. *throws confetti*
I was nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award. Thank you so very much, @bookgraphy
Do make sure to check her out. María has AH-MAZING pictures of books on her blog and she is so sweet and easy to talk to. She’s a new blogger as well and I love that I found her because her blog is fantastic!!
One Lovely Blog Award
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Display the banner/sticker/logo on your blog
- Share 7 facts or things about yourself
- Nominate up to 15 bloggers that you admire and inform the nominees
1. I am of Somali ethnicity
I was born in Kenya, but I am Somali. I have brown skin, brown eyes, and I’m pretty short (a.k.a my younger sister is getting taller than me). I enjoy wearing home dresses, which are called baati’s in my culture, and I like eating sambusa and buur for Ramadan. I speak Somali as well.
Here’s what a baati looks like. It’s SUPER COMFORTABLE and SOFT!!
it’s so comfy and soft and colorful
2. I got my first job this month
I did mention this in a previous post, but I just want to go over it again because it is a big change in my life. I love having a job although orientation was kind of stressful and cashiering seems like it will take awhile to get use to. I just feel like I’m stepping into adulthood and it scares me a little. I’m responsible for coming to work on time, making sure that I interact well with the people around me, and I get paid to do this. WHAATT?? Picking up my first paycheck was insane. I’m not used to it and I’m afraid that I’ll be too awkward or too loud. Talking to people I just met and I’m expected to work alongside seems terrifying, especially because I’m so self-conscious about the way that I talk and I overthink conversations for days after I’ve had them. Right now, I’m a mess of emotions about this new step I’m taking, but I know that this is an experience I’ll treasure in the future.
3. I am SUPER awkward
Maybe because I make everything awkward? I don’t know, but when I’m with my friends, I’m good and I can talk like a normal person. But, when it comes to someone I don’t know? Goodness, it’s a horror-fest in which my siblings would just grab popcorn and drinks to watch and laugh. However, I am a Queen online and my awkwardness does not exist.
4. I smell memories
Yes, this might seem weird but just listen for a little bit. Do you ever have that moment when you smell something and it reminds you of something that happened before? For me, I have those moments a lot. I honestly have so many deja-vu moments. Like, I step outside on a rainy day and I take a deep breathe. The clouds are heavy and gray with rain and I close my eyes. As I do so, I remember another day which wasn’t even rainy, but something happened in my brain that triggered the same feeling I was feeling in that weather to the one I felt on that day. Yes, it might be my superpower 🙂
5. I want to learn lots of different languages.
I speak “fluent” Somali (“” because my parents would beg to differ xD) and English. I have, however, taken 1 year of Spanish class, 2 years of French classes, and I am planning on studying Arabic in the coming school year. I don’t know why, but I’ve always loved different languages, especially the ones that are made up in books and for movies. They are so intriguing and I enjoy thinking about the backgrounds to languages. Also, fun fact: I became obsessed with wanting to go to France and I decided to learn French specifically because of a book I read back in middle school called: Marie Antoinette, the Serial Killer. Another fun fact: I know how to say “I like your face” in 4 different languages and I’m just waiting for a reason to use that skill.
6. I am an over-achiever
I will legit sign up for millions of hobbies, try to write 70 books within the span of a year, and try to take over the world all at the same time. I mean, it should be impossible, but all I see is another goal I can reach and another obstacle I can cross. It does become problematic sometimes, because I get stressed and I have meltdowns. But, then I also have this philosophy that if I don’t try my hardest, I might regret the chances I didn’t take. We shall see where this leads me.
7. I like writing. Like, A LOT!!
So, I write stories, poems, songs, etc. Basically, anything that can be written, I shall write. I am also attempting to write a novella with 20k words within the next 15 days. The perfect time for me to write is when I am doing chores. I know!! It’s crazy, but I write best when I should be doing something else. For example, I have a ton of homework to do. What am I doing instead? Probably writing because ideas popped into my brain and I don’t want to forget them.
1. Lu @ https://lureads.wordpress.com
2. Ilsa @ https://awhisperofink.wordpress.com
3. Cait @ paperfury.com
4. Mikaela @ https://thewellthumbedreader.wordpress.com/
5. Jill @ https://abooknerdreads.wordpress.com/
6. Ruby @ https://rubyraereads.wordpress.com
7. Ioana @ https://dragonwaffles.wordpress.com/
8. Avalinah @ http://avalinahsbooks.space/about/
9. Lia @ https://lostinastory.blog/
10. Aimee @ http://aimeealways.com/
11. Juliana @ https://blotsofinkandwords.wordpress.com
12. Elm @ https://justelm.com
13. Amelie @ https://scarypear.wordpress.com/
15. Jackie @ https://toomuchofabooknerd.wordpress.com/
CHAT WITH ME!
So, tell me something about yourself! Something that you would feel comfortable sharing, but most people don’t know about. I’d love to listen ♥